Transport for NSW will provide free or discounted public transport to eligible participants travelling to and from ANZAC Day services on Thursday, 25 April 2019.
Free travel is approved for:
- Members or Ex-Members of the Australian Defence Force and their carers; and
- the spouses, children and grandchildren of deceased service personnel; and
- the spouses, children and grandchildren of living war veterans
Free travel will be available on the following services:
- Sydney metropolitan and outer metropolitan buses
- Sydney Ferries
- Newcastle Transport buses, ferries and light rail
- Sydney Metro
- Sydney Trains
- NSW TrainLink intercity trains
- Sydney Light Rail
To access the above services, eligible participants must present/wear the following ID:
- wear the Australian Defence Uniform, or
- display service medals; or
- carry a letter of accreditation on the letterhead of a branch of the RSL or other recognised ex-services organisation; or
- present a war widow’s gold card
Participants are exempt from the requirement to hold a valid ticket on these modes of transport under the Passenger Transport (General) Regulation 2017, in accordance with the Tickets (Free Travel) Exemption Order 2018.
Discounted travel will be available on:
- NSW TrainLink regional trains – return economy travel will be provided at the price of a single ticket. Tickets must be booked in advance through a NSW TrainLink sales outlet. One of the above mentioned forms of ID must be presented.
If a participant parks in a Transport Park&Ride car park, they should use the intercom button at the exit gate and advise the operator that they are a participant in an ANZAC Day service. The locations of Park&Ride car parks are available at https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/ways-to-get-around/drive/transport-parkride-car-parks