Get moving in civilian life: tips from four young veterans
Thursday 21 October, 11am
Join RSL NSW member, veteran advocate and Sky News host Catherine McGregor and a panel of young veterans as they discuss how they ‘got moving’ in civilian life – the challenges they faced moving into new careers, new communities, new routines and more.
Host: Catherine McGregor: Army and RAAF veteran; writer and broadcaster
- Nicki Young: Navy veteran; EGM Veteran Services, RSL LifeCare
- Lieutenant Colonel Nick de Bont: Commanding Officer, Sydney University Regiment; Chief Security Officer, Thales
- Kieran Toohey: Army veteran; Peer and Community Advisor, Open Arms
Register for ‘Get moving in civilian life: tips from four young veterans’, to see Catherine lead an intimate conversation about:
- Challenges the veterans faced as they transitioned out of service, and how they overcame these challenges
- How the veterans have found new communities post-service
- Why they chose their new careers, and how they translated their ADF experiences into civilian capabilities
- The impact transition had on their families
- How RSL NSW and RSL LifeCare can support veterans
Registration also provides access to the on-demand webinar after the event.