Vietnam Veterans Day Memorial Service
Cenotaph, Martin Place
Wednesday 18 August, 11am
1300 679 775
Vietnam Veterans Day Memorial Service which commemorates the 55th Anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam on 18th August 1966. On Vietnam Veterans Day, we pause and reflect on the bravery, teamwork and endurance that Australians displayed throughout the war. It’s a day when we recognise all who served in Vietnam.
This commemoration is open to the public to attend. Due to COVID-19 restrictions we ask that you please register your interest to attend via email stating your name and best contact number to email@example.com
- We ask that you please stay home if you are feeling unwell with symptoms of COVID-19 or have had symptoms of COVID-19 within the 72 hours prior and have not received a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Stay home if you have been to a location on a date and time that NSW Health has issued a self-isolation and get tested immediately alert (www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates) or if you have been directed by NSW Health that you must self-isolate.
- You practice physical distancing at all times.
- Face masks are encouraged when it is hard to maintain 1.5 metres of physical distance.
- You leave the site as soon as the service is completed.
- Always follow signage and the directives of RSL NSW staff.
- Practice high-level hygiene, including washing your hands and/or using sanitiser regularly, coughing or sneezing into your elbow and refrain from shaking hands with fellow veterans.
- It is recommended that guests carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser.
- Ensure you bring your mobile phone to gain entry on the day.
- Download the Service NSW app to your phone before the day to check in on arrival.
- Consider downloading the COVID Safe app to your phone before the day.
- RSL NSW cannot guarantee a seat will be available to members of the public.
- This event may change or be cancelled at any time under COVID-19 regulations.