As mentioned in the State Secretary’s Newsletter of 15 May and Circular C05/19 on 23 May, governance training is being rolled out for all members who are Trustees or executive office holders of an RSL NSW sub-Branch. The training will be presented by Not For Profit Law and will cover the legal duties of people who govern RSL NSW sub-Branches and will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the legal status of a sub-Branch
- What does charity status mean for a sub-Branch?
- What does it mean to hold property on trust?
- Key legal duties of executive committee members/trustees
- Liability and protections
- Fundraising laws
An invitation has been issued to your RSL NSW email account giving you the details of when the training will be in your location. Below is summary of all training dates available around the State.
A webinar is also being arranged for those sub-Branch Trustees or executive office holders who cannot attend training in person. This webinar will be made available to all interested members at a later date.
Schedule of Governance Training
- Tuesday 6 August, 10am-1pm
Dubbo RSL Club, Cnr Brisbane and Wingewarra St, Dubbo
- Wednesday 7 August, 10am-1pm
Parkes Services Club, 9-17 Short Street, Parkes
- Thursday 8 August, 10am-1pm
Bathurst RSL Club, 114 Rankin St, Bathurst
- Tuesday 13 August, 10am-1pm
Gunnedah Services Club, 313 Conadilly St, Gunnedah
- Wednesday 14 August, 10am-1pm
Inverell RSM Club, 68-76 Evans Street, Inverell
- Monday 19 August, 2-5pm
Doyalson Wyee RSL Club (Doylo), 30 Pacific Hwy Doyalson
- Tuesday 20 August, 2-5pm
Katoomba RSL Club, 82-86 Lurline St, Katoomba
- Monday 9 September, 10am-1pm
Cootamundra Ex-Servicemens Club, 299 Parker Street Cootamundra
- Tuesday 10 September, 10am-1pm
Griffith Exies, 6-12 Jondaryan Ave, Griffith
- Wednesday 11 September, 10am-1pm
Deniliquin RSL Club, 72 End Street, Deniliquin
- Thursday 12 September, 10am-1pm
Albury Commercial Club, 618 Dean St, Albury