The RSL NSW community noticeboard provides a place for sub-Branches, other veterans organisations, and the general public to submit notices that are of interest to Members. To submit something to the community noticeboard, complete the form at the bottom of this page. It will be reviewed by the team at ANZAC House.
The RAN Health Services Reunion will be held in Canberra on 22-23 October 2021. For more information contact Peter Schilling firstname.lastname@example.org, 0402 648 333.
Organised by the Eastern District Metropolitan Council of RSL NSW, this seminar is an opportunity to meet members of other networks and share experiences and information. If you have been accredited by ATDP your attendance at the seminar will also earn you CPD points.
Hear from professionals and experiences of peer advocates serving the veterans and veterans’ families, and get an update on ATDP process and procedures for accreditation and continuing professional development of advocates.
Tickets $35 per person.
Seminar Ticket includes lunch and all day coffee & tea. Receipts and meal vouchers will be available at Registration Desk.
RSVP by 10 August.
Date: Tuesday 24th August 2021
Registration: 0830; Start: 0900
Location: The Juniors Maroubra
Anzac Parade & Haig St, Maroubra NSW 2035
Contacts: Jayasooriah (0450 925 006) or Lorraine Grey (0416 136 826) Email: email@example.com
The conference aims to engage with a wide range of nurses (not just military), providing an overview of both operational and strategic military nursing experiences. Attendees can expect to hear insightful and thought-provoking presentations from a range of keynote speakers. The event will be run by ACN’s Military Nursing Community of Interest (COI), a collective of like-minded nurses from across Australia working in the Australian Defence Force (ADF), the Australian Public Service (APS) and contracted nursing staff. The COI supports the profession of military nurses and encourages engagement with those who have an affiliation with the military.
Further information on the Conference is available at https://www.acn.edu.au/nurseclick/national-conference-to-place-military-nursing-in-the-limelight
This notice is for any ex-military firefighters (all three Services) who worked at or trained at the RAAF Fire School at Pt Cook Victoria, between 1957 and 1986. They may be entitled to compensation from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. In the first instance you are welcome to contact Paul Ryan (ex RAAF firefighter).
Any sub-Branches that would be interested in a presentation of the controversial case of the trial of Lieutenants Harry Breaker Morant, Peter Handcock and George Witton during the Boer war are welcome to contact James Unkles CMDR rtd, author of Ready, Aim, Fire: Major James Francis Thomas – The Fourth Victim In the Execution of Harry ‘Breaker’ Morant.
0405 129 167
Services Australia Mobile Service Centres travel around regional New South Wales to to meet the changing needs of rural and regional communities. They have information about Department of Veterans’ Affairs programs and support services for veterans and their families. They can also help with things like:
- new claims for most Centrelink payments
- updating your information in our records
- confirming documents and supporting information, such as certifying copies of birth certificates
- access to Self Service Terminals
- help with using online accounts and Express Plus mobile apps.
They can also provide information about:
- how financial matters may impact payments
- payment and service options to suit needs
- rural payment entitlements for eligible farmers
- Medicare transactions
- Medicare registrations
- social work support and referrals.
Here is the current schedule for the Mobile Service Centre in NSW:
- Gulgong, Memorial Hall carpark, Herbert Street – 21 June, 10 am to 4 pm
- Gulgong, Memorial Hall carpark, Herbert Street – 22 June, 9 am to 4 pm
- Rylstone, in front of the Memorial Hall, Louee Street – 23 June, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Kandos, near Rotunda Park, Angus Avenue – 24 June, 9 am to 3 pm
- Oberon, in front of the NAB Bank, Oberon Street – 29 June, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Oberon, in front of the NAB Bank, Oberon Street – 30 June, 9 am to 3 pm
- Blayney, Community Centre car park, Church Street – 1 July, 9 am to 4 pm
- Blayney, Community Centre car park, Church Street – 2 July, 9 am to 4 pm
- Molong, adjacent to the Village Green, Gidley Street – 5 July, 10 am to 4 pm
- Molong, adjacent to the Village Green, Gidley Street – 6 July, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Forbes, adjacent to Victoria Park, Harold Street – 7 July, 9 am to 4 pm
- Forbes, adjacent to Victoria Park, Harold Street – 8 July, 9 am to 4 pm
**Due to the recent COVID positive cases in Sydney and Eastern Suburbs the event has been postponed**
Family and friends are invited to Victoria Barracks, Sydney on Sunday 20 June for a picnic on the lawn and live music from the Australian Army Band. Bring your picnic rug and enjoy the music or a historic tour – entry is free.
Canberra – 5th and 6th June 2021
Commemoration for the Battle Long Khanh Operation Overlord 7th June (1971) – 2021 Vietnam Forces National Memorial Anzac Parade
Canberran former members, partners, friends and families of the 3rd Battalion RAR Vietnam 1971 are invited to participate in the 50th Anniversary Reunion and the Commemoration Service for the Battle of Long Khanh.
Special invitation is extended to the families of the fallen and NOK of former members. You’re invited to contact your Battalion, company or section representatives for details or provide your personal details to the name that appears below who will communicate updates on events and schedules planned. A significant anniversary with events of interest to all.
Commemoration for the Battle of Long Khanh will equally recognise the significant efforts of 9 Sqn RAAF, 12th Fd Regt (RAA), C Sqn 1st Armd Regt, A Sqn 3 Cav Regt and 1 & 2 Fd Sqn (RAE) & D & E Platoon ATF and others.
Members please contact your association representative or call the contact below for details.
ADF Sailing will be conducting a Ladies of the Sea Coaching Regatta with the Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron on 20-21 May 2021. The regatta is designed to encourage females to come and try sailing and to provide coaching for sailors looking to improve their sailing skills. The regatta will have a training sessions and on-water coaches to help develop skills. There will be a dinner at RSYS on Friday 21 May with some high profile female athletes as guests.
Female ADF Veterans interested in participating in the activity can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Image courtesy of Defence