ANZAC Day giveaway: Harbour Bridge climb at dawn
There is no denying the sense of reverence and reflection that is evoked during the solemn pause as the sun rises on ANZAC Day. Can you imagine being on top of one of the most recognisable bridges in the world as a bugler plays the Last Post and the Ode is recited? Here’s your chance to make this dream a reality on 25 April.
A small group of climbers have a unique opportunity to reach the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge before dawn to commemorate at a special Dawn Service hosted by our partner charity, RSL LifeCare. RSL NSW is giving away free tickets to a veteran and a member of their family to be a part of this amazing BridgeClimb Sydney experience.
To secure the two tickets:
- Like the post about this experience on the RSL NSW Facebook page and follow us
- Tag a veteran that you know would love this experience
- Tell us in 100 words or less by DM about your most memorable ANZAC Day and what this experience would mean to you
- Include your Australian Defence Force Service number for identification purposes
RSL NSW President Ray James will read all entries and decide which experience resonated most closely with him.
- Departure: The ANZAC Day Dawn Climb will depart between 4:25am – 4:35am on 25 April 2021
- Dawn Service: The Dawn Service will take place just before sunrise at approximately 6:05am
- Fully guided tour with Bridge and Sydney history commentary
- Special Summit Dawn Service conducted by RSL LifeCare
- Commemorative ANZAC Climb certificate of achievement and Dawn Climb photos
- BridgeClimb cap
There is the option for current or ex-service men and women to wear service medals safely attached for climbing. Please contact the BridgeClimb Sydney Customer Service Team to discuss.
A child can accompany veterans and must be 8 years and over 1.2 metres tall. Children aged 8 to 15 inclusive must be accompanied by an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
Anyone who can sustain moderate physical exertion up to 3.5 hours over 1.75km should find the BridgeClimb exhilarating. If you’re 75 years of age, or over, you can climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP.
Additional tickets are available for purchase. BridgeClimb Sydney will donate $20 per ticket to RSL LifeCare Veteran Services. The ANZAC Day Dawn Climb will run on a blended route (upper and lower arches) to ensure that all Climbers reach the Summit in time for the Dawn Service. Click here to book tickets.
The partner charity of RSL NSW, RSL LifeCare helps Australian veterans and their families in times of injury, illness or crisis. RSL DefenceCare provides assistance with DVA claims, advocacy at the Veterans’ Review Board and offers a range of wellbeing services. Call 1300 232 564 to find out more.
Terms and Conditions
The President of RSL NSW will read entries and decide which experience resonated most closely with him
It is a condition of entry that the winner and their family member agree for RSL NSW to publish their name, their entry on their website and releases RSL NSW from all liability in relation to participation in the prize experience, the use of the photo and/or video footage, or use of their entry
You must be a veteran of the Australian Defence Force and provide your service number for identification purposes
Due to BridgeClimb Sydney Terms and Conditions, the person and their family member participating in the climb must be the person redeeming the tickets
BridgeClimb Sydney conditions apply.