Circular – 21 November 2019
Expressions of Interest for the Role of RSL NSW Tribunal Registrar
Dear sub-Branch Honorary Secretary,
Expressions of interest are sought from suitably qualified members to fill the position of Registrar to the RSL NSW Tribunal. This important role supports the tribunal by ensuring its administration is consistent with the RSL NSW Constitution and the expectations of sub-Branches and members. The Registrar also affords the tribunal process a degree of independence from ANZAC House staff and the RSL NSW Board.
The duties and responsibilities of the RSL NSW Tribunal Registrar include, but are not limited to:
- Case managing the tribunal processes, including by ensuring documents and submissions are provided in a timely manner;
- Ensuring proper records of proceedings are maintained;
- Ensuring participants in the tribunal process receive procedural fairness through the provision to them of relevant material;
- Effectively communicating with stakeholders, including those appearing before the tribunal;
- Arranging and attending all RSL NSW Tribunal meetings and hearings;
- Creating and circulating agendas and minutes of tribunal meetings;
- Responding to correspondence within prescribed timeframes; and
- Issuing notices of hearings and determinations accordance with the RSL NSW Constitution.
Essential attributes of the RSL NSW Tribunal Registrar include, but are not limited to:
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the constitution and standard operating procedures, particularly around disciplinary procedures;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite; and
- The ability to work independently and in conjunction with the RSL NSW Tribunal Chair.
Members interested in this position should send an expression of interest—outlining their credentials and giving examples of their experience—to the State Secretary via email@example.com by Wednesday, 11 December.
Please contact the Support Unit directly if you require more information.