Circular – 23 May 2019
Circular – C05/19
23 May 2019
Governance Training for sub-Branches
As mentioned in the State Secretary’s Newsletter of 15 May, governance training is being rolled out for all members who are Trustees or executive office holders of an RSL NSW sub-Branch. The training will be presented by Not For Profit Law and will cover the legal duties of people who govern RSL NSW sub-Branches and will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the legal status of a sub-Branch
- What does charity status mean for a sub-Branch?
- What does it mean to hold property on trust?
- Key legal duties of executive committee members/trustees
- Liability and protections
- Fundraising laws
The training schedule will run from June to September this year with a view to offering all sub-Branches the opportunity to have the relevant people trained close to their local area. An invitation will be issued to your RSL NSW email account giving you the details of when the training will be in your location.