Circular 32/21 State and federal grant programs currently open
RSL NSW sub-Branch Executives may be interested in applying for the following grants that are funded by the NSW Government and Australian Government:
Anzac Community Grants Program
The Anzac Community Grants Program provides small grants for a range of projects that commemorate and educate NSW communities about the service and sacrifices of current and former military servicemen and women. Projects which support activities benefiting the NSW veteran community are also eligible for funding.
Of the 42 organisations that received a grant through this program in 2020, 10 of them were RSL NSW sub-Branches. You can view a summary of the 2020 grants by clicking here.
Grant categories include:
- Local community historical research and education
- Preservation or display of war memorabilia
- Public commemorative events, arts and culture
- Provide support to members of the NSW veteran community
Applications for the 2021 Anzac Community Grants Program close on 11 November 2021. For more information or to make an application, visit the program homepage.
Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program
The program is designed to preserve Australia’s wartime heritage, involve people around the country in a wide range of projects and activities that highlight the service and sacrifice of Australia’s service personnel in wars, conflicts and peace operations, and promote appreciation and understanding of the experiences of service and the roles that those who served have played in shaping the nation.
There are two categories of grants available under the program:
- Community Grants: Grants to a maximum of $10,000 are available for local, community-based projects and activities.
- Major Grants: Grants between $10,001 and $150,000 are available for major commemorative projects and activities, but please note Major Grants require RSL NSW sponsorship which would be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The current round of the Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program closes on 7 October 2021. For more information or to make an application, visit the program homepage.
Please also be aware that the next round of the NSW Community War Memorials Fund is scheduled to open on 11 November 2021.