Circular – 4 December 2019
2020 Congress Venue
Dear sub-Branch Honorary Secretary,
On behalf of the Board of RSL NSW I would like to thank those sub-Branches and venues that put together documentation to support their expressions of interest in hosting our Annual State Congress next year. Based on feedback from delegates, some of the key requirements for the congress venue were:
- a regional location to foster a sense of camaraderie;
- a location accessible by road, rail and air;
- proximity to a large number of sub-Branches to help reduce transport costs;
- a comfortable and accessible venue where tables and seating can be arranged to fit 500 participants;
- on-site catering; and
- reasonably priced accommodation within short walking distance of the venue.
Seven venues were assessed against the above criteria, however, only one met all key requirements. Therefore, the board has resolved that the details for the 2020 Annual State Congress will be:
- Date: Sunday, 25 – Tuesday, 27 October 2020
- Venue: NEX – Newcastle Exhibition & Convention Centre
- Address: 309 King Street, Newcastle West
Those venues that missed out on the 2020 congress will remain eligible to re-submit an expression of interest for congress 2021-2023 when details of these events are circulated next year.
Please contact ANZAC House if you require more information.