RSL NSW Royal Commission Office
RSL Australia is preparing a consolidated submission to present to the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide which is due to commence its deliberations before the end of the year. The RSL will collate input from across the country to present an initial submission to the Royal Commission on behalf of all members and veterans.
To support this process RSL NSW will establish a Royal Commission Office at ANZAC House. The Office will provide support to all levels of the RSL in engagement with the Royal Commission and will include:
- Circulating information and updates to members regarding the progress of the Royal Commission
- Assistance for individual members or veterans in drafting submissions
- Support for individuals in preparation for, and following appearances at, Royal Commission hearings
- Assistance for RSL NSW-related entities, including sub-Branches, District Councils and RSL LifeCare/RSL DefenceCare in drafting submissions
- Collating and drafting RSL NSW’s submission, building on the views of our members, sub-Branches and District Councils
- Collaboration with RSL Australia
- Ongoing monitoring of the response to the Royal Commission and its progress in implementing recommendations
Establishment of the Office will ensure the strongest response to the Royal Commission, and by doing so, also ensure the best support and outcomes for our valued members and the wider veteran community.
Should you wish to contact the RSL NSW Royal Commission Office, please do so at email@example.com or on 0499 441 291.
In the meantime, if you, or someone you know, requires support in relation to the Royal Commission the following services are available:
- Your local RSL sub-Branch can be found by clicking on this link (Please note that sub-Branches do not offer mental health crisis support but can assist with connecting you to these services)
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Open Arms (current and ex-serving ADF personnel and their families are able to seek this free and confidential support) – 1800 011 046
- ADF Mental Health All-hours Support Line (for current serving ADF personnel and their families) – 1800 628 036
- Safe Zone Support (for current and ex-serving ADF personnel and their families) – 1800 142 072. When you call Safe Zone Support, you do not need to identify yourself.