State Secretary Newsletter – 28 November 2019
With so much for us to tell members, it’s easy for emails from ANZAC House to seem disorganised. I suspect members will have noticed at times.
For clarity, the suite of communications will stay largely constant into next year, with an emphasis on minimising the proliferation of emails. You can expect:
- President Updates relatively infrequently, generally giving a high-level view of the League’s direction and reflecting on major events and milestones.
- Board Comminiques following every board meeting (held most months) to update members on matters that are being discussed by the Board of RSL NSW. This is a new channel in response to significant member feedback.
- State Secretary Newsletters every second Wednesday with general updates and reminders about what is happening across the League.
- ANZAC House Circulars for important matters requiring more detailed explanations, sent to sub-Branches as needed.
A reminder that sub-Branch budgets are due 30 November. If your sub-Branch requires an extension beyond this date, please contact the Support Unit at email@example.com or 1300 679 775.
Please note that sending both a paper and email copy of your budget is not necessary and can cause confusion in processing. If you have the capability, an email copy is preferred. You will receive an automated confirmation email that your correspondence has been received successfully.
Sub-Branches will be forming clearer pictures of their financial positions as they finalise their budgets. If any sub-Branch intends to make a charitable contribution under By-Law 22, please do so to the following account details:
BSB: 062 016
Account number: 0000 0741
Account name: RSL Australia NSW
Reference: “DCare” or “VSA” + your sub-Branch name [as many letters as will fit]
Cheque: please make payable to “RSL Australia NSW” and attach correspondence or mark the cheque to indicate it is specifically intended for RSL DefenceCare or VSA.
There are now less than 2,000 RSL NSW 2020 diaries left in stock. Members should contact their sub-Branch to place an order. The sub-Branch order form is available in the Members’ Suite on the RSL NSW website (click here).
Sub-Branch honorary secretaries should be aware that SBAs are being finalised and we anticipate they will be ready by mid-December. An update will be published in my next newsletter, on 11 December.
Certificates of Participation for sub-Branch executives and trustees who attended governance training sessions across the state have now been sent to official sub-Branch email addresses. Thank you to everyone who took part.
For those executives and trustees who were unable to attend, the online webinar is now available. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request login details and training manuals. You will be able to complete the training at a time that suits you.
Feedback from our members is a key element of improving the processes related to the appeal and is taken seriously by the team. Following member feedback, new stock was incorporated into this year’s appeal and the stock ordering process was simplified.
The team is always looking to improve their processes and your feedback will help them do this. Please email your ideas to email@example.com.
Paperwork and leftover stock (including picking slips) from this year’s appeal are needed back by 29 November, sent to the following addresses:
- Leftover stock (with picking slip): PMA Global, 1 Grady Crescent, Erskine Park NSW 2759
- Paperwork: RSL Fundraising, Level 5, 341 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Thank you for your help. If you require any assistance, please contact the Support Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 679 775.
Thank you for reading,