- DVA Claims and VRB Appeals
- RSL LifeCare & RSL DefenceCare
- National Centre for Veterans’ Healthcare
- Mental Health Services
- Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide
- RSL Veterans’ Employment Program
- Education and Training Assistance
- Financial and Housing Assistance
- Disaster Assistance
- Veteran Sport Australia
- Hyde Park Inn Loyalty Club
- Find your local sub-Branch
- Get Involved
- About Us
- sub-Branch Portal
- ANZAC House Communications
- Commemorations, Ceremonies and Events
- Grants and Fundraising
- Policies and Processes
RSL NSW Royal Commission Office
RSL NSW has established a Royal Commission Office at ANZAC House. The Office will provide support to all veterans in engagement with the Royal Commission and will include:
- Circulating information and updates regarding the progress of the Royal Commission
- Assistance for veterans in drafting submissions
- Support for veterans in preparation for, and following appearances at, Royal Commission hearings
- Assistance for RSL NSW-related entities, including sub-Branches, District Councils and RSL LifeCare/RSL DefenceCare in drafting submissions
- Collating and drafting RSL NSW’s submission, building on the views of our members, sub-Branches and District Councils
- Collaboration with RSL Australia
- Ongoing monitoring of the response to the Royal Commission and its progress in implementing recommendations
Establishment of the Office will ensure the strongest response to the Royal Commission, and by doing so, also ensure the best support and outcomes for our valued members and the wider veteran community.
Should you wish to contact the RSL NSW Royal Commission Office, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0499 441 291.
Submissions to the Royal Commission
During September 2021 the RSL NSW Royal Commission Office requested input from members to inform its submission to the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide, via RSL Australia which is preparing a consolidated submission with input from members and sub-Branches across the country. thank you to the hundreds of members who completed the survey.
Should you wish to make an individual submission about your personal experience beyond how it relates to RSL NSW, please follow this link to the Royal Commission website. This site contains instructions for providing an individual submission, in both electronic and paper formats.
The Attorney-General’s Department has advised that as a part of the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide two types of legal assistance arrangements will be available – a legal financial assistance scheme and a national legal advice service. Please follow this link for information about the assistance provided by the Australian Government.
If you require assistance to complete the survey or to access assistance to make an individual submission to the Royal Commission, please contact email@example.com or 0499 441 291.
See our Advocacy for Veterans’ Health and Suicide page for reports, media releases and other background information related the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide.