Originally known as Armistice Day, Remembrance Day commemorates the signing of the peace agreement that ended WW11 at 11am on 11 Nov 1918. It is a time for all to remember and honour the memory of all those the men and women who served, are currently serving and those we have lost to the cause. Lest We Forget.
Although Remembrance Day is different this year, we encourage ALL Australians to take observe one minute silence at 11am wherever they are in memory of those who served to honour their spirit.
Here are the Top 5 things you can do;
1. Observe one minute silence to remember, reflect and pay tribute to the men and women who served and currently serving.
2. Plant a virtual poppy in the RSL Poppy Appeal Remembrance Day garden and leave a message of thanks for a Veteran here
3. Join our online Facebook community and watch the official streaming of the Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph in Martin Pl.
4. Attend a BBQ to Remember- Get your mates together over a BBQ this Remembrance Day and make it a day to remember . Find out more
5. On Remembrance Day, share who you are remembering by tagging a Veteran on our RSL NSW Facebook page and use the hashtag #remembertoremember.