- DVA Claims and VRB Appeals
- RSL LifeCare Veteran Services
- National Centre for Veterans’ Healthcare
- Mental Health Services
- RSL Veterans’ Employment Program
- Veteran Wellbeing Centres
- Education and Training Assistance
- Financial and Housing Assistance
- Disaster Assistance
- Hyde Park Inn Loyalty Club
- Find your local sub-Branch
- Get Involved
- About Us
- sub-Branch Portal
- ANZAC House Communications
- Commemorations, Ceremonies and Events
- Congress and AGM
- Grants and Fundraising
- Policies and Processes
RSL NSW can connect veterans and their families to disaster assistance through RSL DefenceCare’s Disaster Assistance Fund.
In times of natural disaster such as droughts, floods and bushfires, our partner charity RSL DefenceCare can help veterans and their families who have been affected with things like paying bills or replacing essential items that are not covered by insurance.
This assistance is initially limited, however increased assistance may be available depending on the circumstances.
Applicants are encouraged to request what they need and it will be considered on a case by case basis.
To request financial assistance in times of natural disasters, contact RSL DefenceCare to find out more or complete a disaster assistance application. If you’d like to have a confidential discussion about your options during a time of crisis, you can call the RSL DefenceCare team on (02) 8088 0388.
Other contacts during times of disaster include:
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs: 1800 011 046
- Disaster Welfare Assistance: 1800 018 444
- Insurance Council of Australia: 1300 728 228
- NSW Rural Fire Service Hotline: 1800 679 737
- Open Arms: 1800 011 046
- SES: 132 500