- DVA Claims and VRB Appeals
- RSL LifeCare & RSL DefenceCare
- National Centre for Veterans’ Healthcare
- Mental Health Services
- Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide
- RSL Employment Program
- Education and Training Assistance
- Financial and Housing Assistance
- Disaster Assistance
- Veteran Sport Australia
- Hyde Park Inn Loyalty Club
- Find your local sub-Branch
- Get Involved
- About Us
- sub-Branch Portal
- ANZAC House Communications
- Commemorations, Ceremonies and Events
- Grants and Fundraising
- Policies and Processes
RSL LifeCare & RSL DefenceCare
The partner charities of RSL NSW, RSL LifeCare and RSL DefenceCare, specialise in supporting veterans and their families with various services that focus on providing a lifetime of wellbeing.
RSL NSW sub-branches donated over $1 million to these charities this year to ensure that veterans and their families have access to the essential services and support they need.
- Current serving ADF members
- ADF members transitioning from service-to-civilian life
- Family members, partners and spouses of veterans
RSL LifeCare Services include:
- RSL Employment Program
- The Spur Equine Program: Healing with Horses, designed by veterans for veterans
- Homes for Heroes: Veterans lacking stable and appropriate housing
- The Nowra Veteran Wellbeing Centre
- Retirement Villages
- Aged Care Homes
RSL DefenceCare, a RSL LifeCare service, provides essential services for veterans and their families experiencing injuries, illness or a crisis.
Department of Veterans Affairs claims and appeals
One of the most important services RSL DefenceCare offers is access to Specialist Claim Advisors for Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) claims and appeals.
Like all the services on offer, this is free and gives veterans and their families access to advocates who will navigate the often-complex DVA processes. These advisors can liaise with the DVA on your behalf, collate evidence, complete applications and give you advice.
Read this article about how RSL DefenceCare’s Claims Advisors and Advocates can help you.
How to access face-to-face services
To book an appointment, Phone (02) 8088 0388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nowra Veteran Wellbeing Centre (1/19 Nowra Lane, Nowra 2541)
- Merewether-Adamstown-Hamilton sub-Branch (service delivered fortnightly at Souths Merewether 46 Llewellyn St, Merewether NSW 2291)
- ANZAC House in Sydney CBD – Every Monday
- Holsworthy Barracks – Every Tuesday
- HMAS Kuttabul – Every Tuesday
- RAAF Base Richmond – Every Thursday
- Lone Pine Barracks Singleton – Every second Thursday
- RAAF Base Williamtown – Every Tuesday
Face-to-face services and COVID
While RSL DefenceCare is committed to providing face-to-face services whenever possible, the health and safety of veterans and staff is paramount and current restrictions in New South Wales may impact the availability of face-to-face appointments.
However, DVA Claims Advisors and Advocates remain fully available via phone and video conference, so no matter what the restrictions are or where you are in the state, they can provide the same professional service.