Become a Member
On this page you can download application forms and learn more about:
If you would like to join your local sub-Branch, download and complete a membership application forma and take it with a copy of your Record of Service or Discharge Certificate to the sub-Branch.
If you do not wish to join a local sub-Branch, you may join the Unattached List at ANZAC House. This means that you would be a member of The League but take no active participation in sub-Branch matters.
Annual membership is $35.
For further information on becoming a member please contact the RSL Membership Department (02) 9264 8188.
- Download the Service Membership application form [PDF]
- Download the Affiliate Membership application form [PDF]
You may be eligible for service membership if you have:
- served in the Australian Defence Force, or
- served with or supported or was otherwise engaged with the Australian Defence Force or the Armed Forces of its Allies, for at least 6 months, or
- you are any other person provided for in Section B of the Constitution.
You will need copies of your service or medical records to apply. You can apply for these records through the Department of Defence website.
You may be eligible for affiliate membership if you are over 18 years old and comply with at least one of the following:
- any relative of a person (living or deceased) who is or was eligible to be a Service or Life Member of the League (proof of eligibility to be provided to the sub-Branch);
- have been awarded the Certificate of Merit or a National or State Certificate of Appreciation for giving valuable service to the League;
- a cadet and/or Officer of Cadets;
- a person deemed by the sub-Branch Committee to have provided significant service to the sub-Branch and support of the Objects of the League.
Note: No sub-Branch is compelled to admit Affiliate Members.