- DVA Claims and VRB Appeals
- RSL LifeCare & RSL DefenceCare
- National Centre for Veterans’ Healthcare
- Mental Health Services
- Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide
- RSL Veterans’ Employment Program
- Veteran Wellbeing Centres
- Education and Training Assistance
- Financial and Housing Assistance
- Disaster Assistance
- Hyde Park Inn Loyalty Club
- Find your local sub-Branch
- Get Involved
- About Us
- sub-Branch Portal
- ANZAC House Communications
- Commemorations, Ceremonies and Events
- Grants and Fundraising
- Policies and Processes
Mental Health Services
This page lists quality mental health services and support available to veterans.
If you, or someone you know, need immediate mental health support, you can contact:
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Open Arms (current and ex-serving ADF personnel and their families are able to seek this free and confidential support) – 1800 011 046
- ADF Mental Health All-hours Support Line (for current serving ADF personnel and their families) – 1800 628 036.
- Safe Zone Support (for current and ex-serving ADF personnel and their families) – 1800 142 072. When you call Safe Zone Support, you do not need to identify yourself if you do not want to.
- Defence Member and Family Helpline: 1800 624 608
National Centre for Veterans’ Healthcare
The National Centre for Veteran’s Health (NCVH) specialises in administering tailored healthcare for veterans, recognising that they often need very different care to the general public. Located at Concord Hospital, its wide range of specialist services include psychiatry and psychology. Read more.
RSL LifeCare and RSL DefenceCare
The partner charities of RSL NSW, RSL LifeCare and RSL DefenceCare, specialise in supporting veterans and their families with various services that focus on providing a lifetime of wellbeing. Read more.
While RSL sub-Branches do not offer mental health crisis support, they provide camaraderie and can assist with connecting you to these services, including those delivered locally in your area. The contact details for your local sub-Branch can be found by clicking on this link.